Everything you could ever need to know about moderators (mods) on This Land.
While you're in-game, do not approach a mod or the admin for modthings unless their IGN is /blue in tablist.
Having said that, a mod or admin can warn or ban someone at any time for breaking the rules.
If you wish to contact a mod or admin, follow guidance on their in-game mailbox or on their wiki userpage. If that user has not provided guidance in either of these places, do not try to contact them about modthings.
- Change their IGN to /blue, to signal to others that they're in-game on mod business and may be available for mod tasks.
- Warn people who break the server rules.
- Ban a player who's previously received a warning for breaking any rules.
- Use CoreProtect to find out who placed blocks and when.
- Create, adjust, remove and build in admin claims.
- Affect GriefPrevention claims that are not admin claims.
- Rollback griefing or theft using CoreProtect.
If these things need doing, contact Cassolotl.
Commands mods can use
/blue- to turn your username blue. See also how to use AutismChat.
/ban <player>- to ban someone. Note that only admins can "unban" (
/banlist- list all banned players.
- CoreProtect commands:
/coreprotect inspect- toggles Inspect mode on and off. While it's on, you can left click to see what happened to a block, and right click to see what happened against that side of a block.
/coreprotect lookup <params>- I don't know how to use that yet. Check the documentation!
/coreprotect reload- allows you to reload coreprotect without reloading every plugin.
- Being blue doesn't give mods any extra abilities; it just lets others know that you're in-game on modding business and may be available for mod tasks.
Nominating a mod
You can nominate a mod on this article's talk page. First check whether Cassolotl is open to new mod nominations, and then use the following template:
* '''Name of nominee:''' IGN, [[User:Userpage]]
* '''Nominator signature:'''
* '''Second signature:'''
* '''Nominee consent and signature:'''
* '''Admin approval and signature:'''
* '''Vote date and outcome:'''
* '''Mod status granted date:'''
* '''Mod status revoked date:'''
* '''Mod status revoted reason:'''
Advice for mods
As a mod, you have the ability to help maintain the game environment for players. It's a pretty easy-going server because of the whitelist, so your extra powers are minimal, but sometimes things go wrong and it's good to know what you are and are not required to do.
Always remember that you're a member of the mods group on Telegram, and we are here to support you.
- Take action on rule-breakers or pass the case on to other mods in the Telegram group at any time. You can warn for first offences, and ban thereafter. If you're not sure whether to ban, or you don't feel confident, come find us in the mods group. You have every right to ban disrespectful players immediately, and you have Cassolotl's support to do so.
- Use CoreProtect to find out who griefed or stole if you are available and able. If not, pass it on in the Telegram group.
- Switch to /blue if you're in the mood for modly responsibility. If you're in-game for modthings or you want to let people know you're approachable for modthings, the blue modhat is a nice way to show it.
- Feel obliged to be /blue. You have a right to be an average player 99% of the time, albeit a player with slightly deitous abilities. But don't consider yourself on-duty all the time, it's no good.
- Feel obliged to help players. Mods aren't meant to be guidance, welcome wagon, etc. There are players who love to welcome newbies, so if you feel it's appropriate you could mention any calls for help in the main Chatter Telegram group or encourage the player to call for help in the Advertisements group.
- Replace lost items. Whose fault is it that the items were lost?
- If it was because of a bug or glitch, Cassian won't replace those items. However, Cassolotl likes to know about bugs. Tell the player that Cassolotl won't replace the items, pass a bug report along to Cassolotl, and encourage the player to file a bug report with the developer of the appropriate plugin or gamemod.
- If it was the result of an admin or mod error, forward the case to Cassolotl. They'll probably reimburse the items and correct the error.