→Social Features: extraverts may be disappointed
* '''Semi-vanilla''' - Game changing or obtrusive plugins would make the server less accessible and even more niche than it already is, so we don't have them. Here are the [[Our plugins|plugins we do have]].
* '''Survival''' - all players (including mods and admins) play and build in survival mode, and have done from the very beginning so anything you see<ref>Exception: the [[
Tutorial Building|tutorial building]] was thrown up quickly by the admin in creative mode because it was considered urgent and not something that interferes with the rest of the server.</ref> has been resourced and built with blood, sweat, and tears. This makes the server very fair<ref>We're autistic, so we like that :P</ref> - staff have to go mining for their diamonds, just like everyone else.
* '''Player-versus-environment''' - this server is not focused on player-versus-player.<ref>We have a [[Our plugins#PvPManager|PvP plugin]] that you can use if you want to fight with other players who want to fight.</ref>
Mature''' - only players 18 and older are allowed to join.
* '''Whitelisted''' - you have to apply to join; much easier to maintain a safe place this way.
* '''Custom [[How to use AutismChat|AutismChat plugin]]''' - significantly more control over chat-related stimulus.
* '''Small/Quiet''' - currently about 6 regular players. This Land is intentionally not advertised in standard Minecraft server listings; we grow slowly by tweets, tumblr posts and friend referrals.
* '''Effective, Accessible out-of-game communication''' - [[
Telegram Groups|telegram groups]] for socialising and discussion without having to be online at the same time as others.
* '''Collaborative Documentation of Everything''' - this wiki.
* '''[http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=consent%20culture Consent culture]''' - Doing *anything* that affects other players without their consent is unacceptable, so don't touch anything<ref>If it's in the wilderness and isn't obviously made by a player, you can do what you like. Be a bit aware of nearby builds by other players though.</ref> without asking. Intentional theft/griefing are unheard of here.
*'''[http://dsq-sds.org/article/view/1075/1248 Autistic space]''' - run by and for [[:Category:Players who are autistic|autistic people]]
<ref> definitely autistic people, not people with autism. Autism is part of who/what we are and it's not an illness.</ref>*'''Nonbinary friendly''' - a safe place for nonbinary trans people - your pronouns will be respected.
* '''[[Nether Hub#Heart Button|Whimsical admin]]''' - [[User:Cassolotl|Cassolotl]] makes the server both safe and fun.
==What is it like to play on This Land/player testimonials==
:''this being a safe space for autistic people is really important to me - thats why i joined in the first place!!
+ nonbinary stuff of course :D this land is a goldmine, i dont know any other servers like it''
::- a currently annonymous player