What sets This Land apart from other Minecraft servers
From This Land Wiki
This Land is not like other Minecraft servers because it doesn't come from Minecraft-Server culture. It is a safe nonbinary/autistic space first, and a Minecraft server second. A lot of the features reflect this.
- Semi-vanilla - Game changing or obtrusive plugins would make the server less accessible and even more niche than it already is, so we don't have them. Here are the plugins we do have.
- Survival - all players (including mods and admins) play and build in survival mode, and have done from the very beginning so anything you see has been resourced and built with blood, sweat, and tears. This makes the server very fair - staff have to go mining for their diamonds, just like everyone else.
- Player-versus-environment - this server is not focused on player-versus-player.
- Mature - only players 18 and older are allowed to join.
- Whitelisted - you have to apply to join; much easier to maintain a safe place this way.
- Custom AutismChat plugin - significantly more control over chat-related stimulus.
- Small/Quiet - currently about 6 regular players. This Land is intentionally not advertised in standard Minecraft server listings; we grow slowly by tweets, tumblr posts and friend referrals.
- Effective, Accessible out-of-game communication - telegram groups for socialising and discussion without having to be online at the same time as others.
- Collaborative Documentation of Everything - this wiki.
- Consent culture - Doing *anything* that affects other players without their consent is unacceptable, so don't touch anything without asking. Intentional theft/griefing are unheard of here.
- Autistic space - run by and for autistic people.
- Nonbinary friendly - a safe place for nonbinary trans people - your pronouns will be respected.
- Whimsical admin - Cassolotl makes the server both safe and fun.
What is it like to play on This Land/player testimonials
- this being a safe space for autistic people is really important to me - thats why i joined in the first place!!
- - a currently annonymous player
- I love this server in a TOTALLY UNBIASED AND IMPARTIAL WAY.
- Exception: the tutorial building was thrown up quickly by the admin in creative mode because it was considered urgent and not something that interferes with the rest of the server.
- We're autistic, so we like that :P
- We have a PvP plugin that you can use if you want to fight with other players who want to fight.
- If it's in the wilderness and isn't obviously made by a player, you can do what you like. Be a bit aware of nearby builds by other players though.