Allotments clarifications, January 2017
This page is a collection of Cassolotl's and the mods' thoughts on the allotments. We're reaching a point where we need to clarify our intentions and the rules for players, and this is just a page to lay out all the thoughts in one place.
The current haps
The community allotments originally began as a crossroads in the middle of three biomes. The idea was that the four roads would continue infinitely into the distance whenever anyone wanted to add a plot. At some point Cassolotl proposed a system of squares, which went down generally favourably, so now in January 2017 the allotments look something like this:
Cassolotl has a plan in their brain, and if they keep working on it eventually the allotments will end up looking something like this:
And this model can continue infinitely in all directions, with a block of 12 plots backing onto four other blocks of 12 plots, with features at the crossroads, etc.
Also, the people who all have plots backing onto one central area could work together to create something cool in the large central area.
They're very vague, and mostly a holdover from the "four roads infinitely growing in all directions" plan.
- Plots must be 9x9 and on a road.
- One block of space between plots - no more, no less.
- Your minecraft name must be written in your allotment.
- If you've not logged in for over a year your plot may be dismantled.
- GriefPrevention is lovely.
- Good lighting is good for everyone.
- If you're going away for over a year and you don't want your plot to be dismantled, leave a sign saying so. We'll keep it safe.