Nether Hub Redesign April 2016 Plan
Link for reference: Radical Nether Hub Redesign Proposal April 2016
We're basically mostly done!
Add netherrack to the South Road ceiling so that the tunnel is 3.5 blocks high again.
Each archway in the Nether Hub has a chest containing wool blocks of the relevant colour. If you're heading that way, take a few blocks of wool, plus signs and torches, to continue the navigation pattern. This ensures that anyone who finds themself on the main roads will be able to find their way back to the Hub easily without having to use the debug screen.
Connecting up everyone's portals
Using Jay's spreadsheet and the co-ordinates of your topside or netherside portal, feel free to add or move a portal to the new lower network.
- If you haven't already, build your topside portal and light it. Do not walk through.
- Stand right next to it and make a note of your x and z co-ordinates.
- Go to Jay's spreadsheet.
- File > Make a copy.
- A note on Jay's spreadsheet: There may be bugs. Double-check against the Dynmap that your portal is closest to the road that the spreadsheet tells you. Divide your topside portal co-ordinates by 8 to find your nether portal co-ordinates, and check them against the spreadsheet. Report bugs to Jazzable.
- Answer the question "what information do you already have?" by telling it whether you have your topside or netherside portal co-ordinates.
- Select "I'm digging from the main road to my portal".
- Enter your co-ordinates. The spreadsheet will tell you which colour road to walk down.
- In Minecraft, make it show the debug screen so you can see your avatar's co-ordinates.
- On a Mac that's Fn+F3 on your keyboard.
- Head to the new y=8.5 nether hub.
- Walk down the road of the colour the spreadsheet told you, and stop walking when you get to the co-ordinates that the spreadsheet calls "Start at these co-ordinates on the road:"
- Dig in the direction it tells you. Make your path 2 blocks wide and 4 blocks high, and then pave it with the slab of your choice. This will prevent mob spawns and allow horses to be ridden down the road, with minimal digging.
- If you already have your portal built at y=8 netherside, you should run into it.
- If you haven't already built your netherside portal, stop digging when you get to the co-ordinates that the spreadsheet calls "Your nether-side portal needs to be at:"
- Build your portal, light it, and step through. You should end up at your topside portal.
- When you head back through to the Nether, you might end up at your old portal in the old nether network at y=13.5. It's safe to dismantle your old portal now.
- If you end up at an unexpected or unfamiliar portal, make a note of your x y z co-ordinates and any signs and landmarks in the area, and then ask for help in the Telegram Chatter group or on this page's talk page.