Nether Hub Redesign April 2016 Plan
Starting out with a rough outline...
Link for reference: Radical Nether Hub Redesign Proposal April 2016
Dig down from a point near x=0, z=0 in the current Nether Hub, down to y=8. (It should only be 5 blocks down.)
Dig to Zero Zero. Mark the spot 0, 0 and dig a room 20 blocks in all directions centred on 0, 0 - so 40 x 40 total. Make it 4 blocks high.
- This will need lots of pickaxes - anyone up for repairing diamond tools or providing a lot of iron?
- This may also benefit from a lot of fire resistance potion for occasional dangerous lava pockets - anyone up for some brewing?
Pave the entire 40 x 40 room with smooth stone slabs.
- That's 1,600 smooth stone slabs, or 25 stacks.
- That'll require 800 smooth stone blocks to craft, or 12.5 stacks.
Dig out 10 blocks or so of each of the 8 paths and label them with direction signs.
- North, South, East and West are centred on the relevant 0 co-ordinate, and each are 4 blocks wide.