Players who break the rules on the server or in the Telegram groups may be banned from both places.
These rules may not be exhaustive, and I may decide to ban a player for some other reason. I am generally pretty easy-going, but if someone is making someone else feel unsafe I will take what I judge to be appropriate action.
How/when to contact Cassolotl
If someone is breaking the rules or you have a conflict/dispute, it's a good idea to contact Cassolotl privately. You can also contact the mods if you prefer, who may be awake at more accessible times for you.
Cassolotl is in the UK. You can use this page to see what time it is for Cassolotl. It's best to contact them between 11am and 8pm UK time.
If you have a dispute with another player and you feel confident to discuss it with them, feel free to raise it at any time in the Telegram conflict group - but please be sure to tag Cassolotl when you do, right at the start, so that they can keep an eye on things.
You may be banned if you:
- Pressure someone, or are rude, disrespectful, or unnecessarily aggressive towards other players or the admin.
You will be banned if:
- You tell someone that their pronouns are wrong or that their gender doesn't exist
- You are found to be under 18 years old
- You spam
- I don't have a valid email address for you
Players who are under 18 could check out the /r/AspieGaming subreddit's Minecraft server (look in the sidebar on the right and scroll down a bit).
These rules have to be followed by people while they're playing on the server.
You will be banned if you:
- Change someone else's build or plot without their permission
- Harm another player without both of you consenting to PvP. This includes indirect attacks, e.g. if you don't have consent for hurting someone with a sword, don't drop a bucket of lava on them. If you attack someone in any way they must be able to defend themself. You may find the blog post about our plugin PvP Manager helpful.
Rules in the Telegram groups
Telegram is an instant message (IM) client, a bit like WhatsApp but cross-platform. Some of us use it to socialise and co-ordinate group events or missions. Upon joining the server you'll receive invite links that will allow you to join the various groups.
These rules are specific to our Telegram groups and may be changed or added to at any time as we learn what works and what doesn't. Should you break the rules, you may be banned from the groups, but not the server itself.
We have a main group called Chatter for on- and off-topic discussion and socialising.
It is a Telegram "supergroup", which means new members to the group can read all messages ever written.
Occasionally a disagreement may arise in the Telegram Chatter group. In the interest of all members feeling safe and comfortable, people disagreeing with each other may be asked to move their discussion to the Conflict group.
It is also a supergroup, which means new members to the group can read all messages ever written.
Anyone can ask anyone else to move a discussion to the Conflict group at any time, and should not be pressured to justify themself.
Members who are uncomfortable with moving the disagreement to the Conflict group must stop participating in the disagreement immediately.
No one should feel any pressure whatsoever to join the Conflict group.